The mission of the Elgin Area Tourism Bureau is to enhance the economic and environmental well-being of the 9 communities in the Fox River Valley through marketing the area.
The communities we represent are:
- East Dundee
- Sleepy Hollow
- South Elgin
- West Dundee
We have three key responsibilities:
- We encourage groups to hold meetings, conventions, tradeshows, sporting events and group travel in the 9 communities in the Elgin Area.
- We assist groups with preparations and while their meeting or event is in progress.
- We encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the many historic, cultural, retail, dining and recreational opportunities the Elgin Area offers.
One of our key goals is to attract overnight visitors, so our marketing, advertising and promotional efforts are primarily focused within 250 miles of the Elgin Area.
The Elgin Area Tourism Bureau was formed in 1984 by the City of Elgin and local business leaders. The Elgin Area Tourism Bureau has since grown to include the 9 communities of the Fox River Valley, spanning Kane, Cook and DuPage Counties.
The Elgin Area has over 1,100 hotel rooms and hundreds of entertainment, dining, shopping, retail and cultural options for visitors to enjoy and experience.
The Elgin Area Tourism Bureau team
- President & CEO: Kimberly Bless
- Director of Marketing: Krisilee Murphy
- Sales Manager: Wendi Howard
- Tourism Services Coordinator: Delia Palacios
The Elgin Area Tourism Bureau officers & Board of Directors
The Elgin Area Tourism Bureau Officers
- Chair: Marilou Pilman
- Past Chair/Secretary: Peggie Stromberg
- Treasurer: Migdalia Bishop
- President & CEO: Kimberly A. Bless
- At Large: Hratch Basmadjian
The Elgin Area Tourism Bureau Board of Directors
- Mike Petersdorf, Owner, Murihead Farmhouse
- Rose Martinez, City Councilwoman, City of Elgin
- Randy Reopelle, Director of Parks & Recreation, City of Elgin
- Christopher Nelson, Village President, Village of West Dundee
- Jason Dusenberry, General Manager, Hampton Inn Elgin
- Barb Keselica, Special Events & Community Engagement Manager, City of Elgin
- Janice Andal, Director of Sales, Quality Inn Elgin
Elgin Area Tourism Bureau Office
60 S. Grove Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
Sign up for the Elgin Area Tourism newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about upcoming Elgin Area meetings and events, business and networking events, tradeshows and marketing opportunities.