When it was completed in 1871, the Hunt's Block building was a relative skyscraper among the wooden structures of West Dundee.
As the decades passed, Hunt's Block grew into a location worthy of its listing on the National Register of Historic Places. It was home to a number of flourishing businesses, including Dundee's first bank, a dry goods store, doctors' and lawyers' offices, a billiard hall, a ballroom...but never a fine-dining establishment.
That all changed in 1998 when Andrew and Matthew Burns and their father, Timothy, purchased Hunt's Block. They completely renovated the classic building and crafted it into a restaurant named after a man of honor and dignity, Timothy's father, Emmett Burns.
Today, Hunt's Block is home to Dundee's first small brewery, where award-winning handcrafted beer and outstanding food is created and enjoyed every day.
In the years since we opened we have also opened and operated two more restaurants in the historic downtowns of Downers Grove and Palatine.
In 2004, Emmett's won the prestigious Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Landmarks Illinois Preservation Award for Adaptive Use for the work done on restoring Hunt's Block.