The mission of Explore Elgin Area is to enhance the economic and environmental well-being of the 10 communities in the Fox River Valley through marketing the area.
The Communities We Represent
We Have Three Key Responsibilities:
- We encourage groups to hold meetings, conventions, tradeshows, sporting events and group travel in the 10 communities in the Elgin Area.
- We assist groups with preparations and while their meeting or event is in progress.
- We encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the many historic, cultural, retail, dining and recreational opportunities the Elgin Area offers.
One of our goals is to attract overnight visitors, so our marketing, advertising and promotional efforts are primarily focused within 250 miles of the Elgin Area. We also aim to market local businesses to potential visitors as well as our residents to encourage small business support while cultivating a uniquely Elgin area experience. Since our main goals are to attract visitors and inform residents our marketing efforts for local businesses are primarily free.
Explore Elgin Area was formed in 1984 by the City of Elgin and local business leaders. Explore Elgin Area has since grown to include the 10 communities of the Fox River Valley, spanning Kane, Cook and DuPage Counties.
The Elgin Area has over 1,100 hotel rooms and hundreds of entertainment, dining, shopping, retail and cultural options for visitors to enjoy and experience.
The Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Team
Marketing & Experience Specialist
Explore Elgin Area Officers & Board of Directors
The Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Officers
- Chair: Migdalia Bishop, BMO Harris Bank
- Chair- Elect: Angela Johnson, Bask Hospitality
- Treasurer: Elizabeth Marston, Elgin Area History Museum
- Secretary: Barb Keselica, City of Elgin Parks & Recreation Department
- Executive Director: Krisilee Murphy
The Explore Elgin Area Bureau Board of Directors
- Rose Martinez, City Councilwoman, City of Elgin
- Cheryl Anderley, Village Trustee, Village of West Dundee
- Carol Rauschenberger, City Councilwoman, City of Elgin
- Molly Center, Communications Manager, City of Elgin
- Aimee Novelli, Owner, Imago Events
- Sin Van V, Owner, Stellar Edge Marketing Group
- Teri Ciskoski, General Manager, Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
- Terry Gajewski, Vice President Finance and MIS, Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Fukala, Executive Director, Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin
Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Office
60 S. Grove Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
Sign up for the Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about upcoming Elgin Area meetings and events, business and networking events, tradeshows and marketing opportunities.