The mission of Explore Elgin Area is to collaboratively advocate for the thoughtful development and promotion of the region to stimulate the economy through tourism and create a sense of place for residents.
Explore Elgin Area exists to collaboratively share the pride and story of the region with everyone in order to enhance the community’s Quality of Life.
The Elgin Area will be known for its diverse, historic, and authentic culture, welcoming visitors for memorable experiences.
The Communities We Represent
We Have Three Key Responsibilities:
- We encourage groups to hold meetings, conventions, tradeshows, sporting events, and group travel in the 10 communities in the Elgin Area.
- We assist groups with preparations and while their meeting or event is in progress.
- We encourage tourists to visit and enjoy the many historic, cultural, retail, dining, and recreational opportunities the Elgin Area offers.
One of our goals is to attract overnight visitors, so our marketing, advertising, and promotional efforts are primarily focused within 250 miles of the Elgin Area. We also aim to market local businesses to potential visitors as well as our residents to encourage small business support while cultivating a uniquely Elgin area experience. Since our main goals are to attract visitors and inform residents our marketing efforts for local businesses are primarily free.
Explore Elgin Area was formed in 1984 by the City of Elgin and local business leaders. Explore Elgin Area has since grown to include the 10 communities of the Fox River Valley, spanning Kane, Cook and DuPage Counties.
The Elgin Area has over 1,300 hotel rooms and hundreds of entertainment, dining, shopping, retail and cultural options for visitors to enjoy and experience.
The Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Team
Explore Elgin Area Officers & Board of Directors
The Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Officers
- Chair: Elizabeth Marston, Elgin Area History Museum
- Treasurer: Sin Van V, Stellar Edge Marketing Group
- Secretary: Barb Keselica, City of Elgin Parks & Recreation Department
- Executive Director: Krisilee Murphy
The Explore Elgin Area Bureau Board of Directors
- Rose Martinez, City Councilwoman, City of Elgin
- Cheryl Anderley, Village Trustee, Village of West Dundee
- Kari Haight Goodmay, Owner, The Haight and Gather
- K. Eric Larson, Executive Director, Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Terry Gajewski, Vice President Finance and MIS, Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Jennifer Fukala, Executive Director, Downtown Neighborhood Association of Elgin
Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Office
60 S. Grove Avenue
Elgin, IL 60120
EACVB Q4 FY23
EACVB Q2 FY23
EACVB Q3 FY23
EACVB Q1 FY23
2020 Excellence in Tourism Awards Best Branding – Ring Around Elgin (Awarded 12/21)
2020 Excellence in Tourism Awards Best Website – www.ExploreElginArea.com (Awarded 12/21)
2019 Excellence in Tourism Awards Best Branding – #ExploreElgin
Sign up for the Elgin Area Convention & Visitors Bureau Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about upcoming Elgin Area meetings and events, business and networking events, tradeshows, and marketing opportunities.
Get our Visitor’s Guide for all you need to know about the Elgin area.
Read Your Guide