The mission of the Elgin Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (Elgin Area CVB) is to enhance the economic and environmental well-being of our region and partners through the promotion of tourism and the comprehensive marketing of our destination. The Elgin Area Convention and Visitors Bureau helps to create business for the 9 communities we serve by aggressively promoting the area as an overnight destination and by increasing visitor awareness and expenditures for the maximum economic benefit of our tourism partners.
The Elgin Area CVB is looking for motivated, creative and self-starters to intern. This internship is designed to provide students and recent graduates with invaluable experience within the Convention and Visitors Bureau through assisting with special projects directly related to destination marketing. The internship will deliver a working knowledge of the tourism industry and valuable professional experience.
Students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and interested recent graduates are welcome to apply. Desire to organize & manage special events and projects; Ability to see projects through to completion; Excellent organizational skills; Strong work ethic; Experience with Microsoft Office; Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Part-Time or Full-Time; Flexible shifts between Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
This is a non-paying position however offers an incredible opportunity for an individual looking for valuable destination marketing/tourism experience.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
– Providing customer service and local information to visitors
– Assist with the planning, preparation, and participation of CVB events
– Work with various departments on special, tourism related projects
– Support servicing of groups through registration assistance, visitor bags, etc.
– Other duties as assigned as the internship experience will depend on the focus of the Elgin Area CVB, but will include a variety of areas such as marketing, promotions, servicing and sales.
If you are interested please send a cover letter and resume to Krisilee Murphy at Krisilee@ExploreElginArea.com.